Kunal Miind (born August 7) is a Fiji-born Australian entrepreneur, technologist, author, and investor known for his remarkable contributions in the fields of technology, innovation, and business.
As the founder and CEO of Vedametric, a technology solutions provider in Australia, and the director of Amala Innovation Group Ltd., Miind has established himself as a leader in the industry.
Early Life and Education[edit | edit source]
Miind was born in the Fiji Islands and moved to Australia at the age of eight when his parents, who were school teachers, sought better opportunities. He completed his primary and high school education in Belmore, New South Wales, where he excelled academically and was recognized as the valedictorian of his graduating class.
Miind pursued higher education at the University of New South Wales, specializing in biomedical and computer engineering, and further obtained a master's degree in the same. Miind also holds an MBA from the Australian Institute of Business.
Throughout his career, Miind has actively pursued professional development opportunities. He completed Cisco Networking Academy programs and obtained certifications such as CCIE Enterprise Architect and Cisco Certified Network Professional. These certifications cover various areas, including systems engineering, network administration, and system administration. Additionally, he underwent project management training and received the Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Training Institute (PMTI) in 2014.
Career[edit | edit source]
During his university years, Miind showcased his entrepreneurial talents by establishing SMSZone, an SMS platform that gained substantial recognition and was subsequently acquired by Clickatell, a prominent South African company. As the founder and CEO, Miind played a crucial role in both establishing and subsequently selling Qoop Australia, a group-buying company that captured the attention of Yahoo and 7 Spreets.
From 2008 to 2018, Miind embarked on a diverse professional journey, starting as a medical engineering consultant at ResMed Sensor Technologies. He then took on contributory roles, including infrastructure and software consulting at The Star Entertainment Group, artificial intelligence consulting at Commonwealth Bank, and senior engineering consulting at the NSW Department of Finance, Services, and Innovation.
In 2014, Miind’s company landed a contract with Thiess, a leading mining services provider. There, he spearheaded the development of SimTrain, a mining safety project, which he later sold to Bramco International. Additionally, he supervised the creation of a digital document archiving system.
In 2015, Miind founded Vedametric Australia, a prominent software development agency. As the CEO, lead engineer, and automation expert at Vedametric, he actively contributes his expertise, with a particular focus on chatbot development. With a dedicated team of 89 employees, Vedametric operates within the computer software industry, delivering innovative technology solutions to its clients.
In addition to his role at Vedametric, Miind serves as the group director at Amala Innovation Group (Australia) Ltd., a position he assumed in July 2019.
Notably, Miind has made a name for himself as a technology investor, displaying a keen eye for promising ventures. He has been involved in early-stage investments in notable companies such as Spreets, Qoop, Wevolver, Vedametric, and King Kong Digital. He has demonstrated his ability to identify, develop, and divest various businesses, showcasing his acumen in strategic decision-making.
Beyond his tech-related ventures, Miind has expanded his interests to include the hospitality industry. He owns and operates several nightclubs, bars, and restaurants across Australia, further showcasing his entrepreneurial spirit and diversified portfolio.
Miind is also a published author, having authored two books: "AI System Blueprints" and "Price Intelligence." He is also a highly regarded researcher, with over eight publications on Google Scholar, many of which are attributed to his work in machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and software intelligence.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- "Price Intelligence: How to Use Data to Optimize Your Pricing Strategy for Business Leaders" (2021)
- "AI System Blueprints: An Introductory Guide To Building High Performance Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Solutions" (2022)
Research Publications[edit | edit source]
- Howard S Matis, et al. (2003); Charged particle detection using a CMOS active pixel sensor
- K Singh (2019); Smart Inventory Management Using Electronic Sensor Based Computational Intelligence
- KK Singh, SS Singh (2019); An Artificial Intelligence based mobile solution for early detection of valvular heart diseases
- MA Rashid, K Deo, D Prasad, K Singh, S Chand, M Assaf (2020); TEduChain: A blockchain-based platform for crowdfunding tertiary education
- N Krishnaswamy, M Kiran, K Singh, B Mohammed (2020); Data-driven learning to predict WAN network traffic
- K Singh, K James Mathai (2020); Implement Improved Intrusion Detection System Using State Preserving Extreme Learning Machine (SPELM)
- R Bajpai, D Hazarika, K Singh, S Gorantla, E Cambria, R Zimmermann (2023); Aspect-sentiment embeddings for company profiling and employee opinion mining
- Devamanyu Hazarika, et al.; Aspect-Sentiment Embeddings for Company Profiling and Employee Opinion Mining